By Default, Centerbase Ebilling templates expect the Task Code (L Code) to be used as your Primary Code in your Billing Settings and the Activity Code (A Code) to be used as your Secondary Code. Some firms opt to use the Activity Code as the Primary Code and the Task Code as their Secondary Code. This will cause your Ebill to come out incorrect. This article will detail how you can correct the issue by flipping the L & A Codes in your Ebilling template.
Access Your Ebilling Template
First, you will need to navigate to your Ebilling templates:
- Click on the gear in the bottom of your navigation panel.
- Click System Settings
- Click Electronic Billing then click Templates
- Click on the name of the template you want to edit.
Correcting the Code
To switch your Primary and Secondary Code output, you need to change they Key in the code.
- Click Cntl + F on your keyboard to display the Find dialog, so we can locate the Task Code.
- Search for: <Key>LINE_ITEM_TASK_CODE</KEY>
- Click Cntl + F on your keyboard to display the Find dialog so we can locate the Activity Code.
- Search for: <Key>LINE_ITEM_EXPENSE_CODE</KEY>
- Flip these two lines of code.
- Save your template.