Where to Find Settings
To set the starting bill number in Centerbase, go into System Settings>Item Manager
Choose the Bills item and click on the Fields tab
Click on the Field name, Bill Number.
1. Here you can set the Bill number to be a required setting.
2. Select "Enable Auto Increment" to have the next bill auto-generate the next bill in sequence.
3. Set the number of digits in your auto-generated bill numbers
4. Set the number by which you want the auto-generated bill numbers to go up
5. This number is dynamic and will show the next number that will be used when generating a bill. Changing it here, will override whatever was set to generate next.
6. All Fields have the tagging option. It will likely not ever be used for Bill numbering but for more information on Tagging, see the article, Tagging Fields – Centerbase.