The Centerbase Item Manager allows you to modify attiibutes of your record types in Centerbase. We are in the process of migrating and expaniding all the functionality currently in the PC Admin Tool into the system settings area. To access the Item Manager, click on your gear in the lower right of your screen, and choose System Settings.
Next, choose Item Manager from the options in the menu.
In our example, lets pick Bills to demonstrate the options available in the Item Manager.
- Item Type Singular and Plural Name
- This allows you to rename the record type, these changes will roll out though most of the entire user interface.
- File System Options
- Enable File System Folder. This enables the record type to appear in your Windows mapped drive as a folder. New records of this type will now auto generate a folder.
- New Folder Creation Criteria. Specifying a query here will instruct Centerbase to only generate a folder when that query returns true for the item being created.
- Parent Folder
- Default: Will place the folders for this record type at the root level of the mapped drive
- Lookup: Will place the folder for this record type under the selected parent record defined by the associated lookup. IE, if you choose the 'client' lookup on a matter, it will place the matter folder UNDER that associated contact.
- Will create a folder for existing records. If a query is specified, it will use that query to determine which records to create the folder for, and only those that are returned by the query will have folders created. This could be used to ONLY create folders for contacts where 'Is Client' is true, for example.
Click the Fields tab for more options.
A list of all existing fields for the record are displayed. Click any field to modify properties of that field. For example, clicking the field Bill Number will open the screen below.
- Field Name
- Enter new name for the field in the text box
- Field Type
- Field data type. Cannot be modified after field creation.
- Check to require a value for this field when saving records.
- Auto Increment Settings
- Enable Auto Increment. Check this field to enable auto increment for this field. Field must be either text or numeric
- Auto Increment Length. This sets the number of characters to use for this field
- Auto Incrment Amount. This specifies the numeric number to add to get each subsequent number.
- Current Max. Shows the last number used. Input new number to set new current max. The next number generated will start from this.
- Tagging Fields
- Tagging fields are special types that allow setting a different record type to be stored in a single field. It is similar to a lookup, except that it can hold multiple records in a single field. For instance, think of adding multiple contacts into a field called 'Defendants'
- Enable Tagging: enables this option for selected field. Field must be of type Memo or Text currently.
- Tagging Type: Specifies the type of record to be associated with this field.