As a relational database, Centerbase has many ways of connecting records and showing those connections. Every record presents its related or linked records through the Related Items tabs.
Records can become related in multiple ways:
- Directly through a lookup field on a record (one-to-one relationship like the Main Contact field on a Client record directly links the Main Contact to the Client).
- Manual linking through the related items tab (see below)
- Mass Linking (see section 4.2)
- Using the Copy-To function will link the copied from record (parent) to the copied to record (child).
The Related Tabs on a Matter
The example below shows an activity related tab on a matter.
Configuring the Related Tabs
From the Item form, click the gear, the choose Related Items.
From the related item configuration screen, the following options are available.
- Click the Green Plus Icon to add more tabs to the view
- DRAG the grey bars up and down to reorder
- Check Show as Tab to display the Item as a tab
- Check From Linked to display items of that type from both the current record, or ANY record linked to the current record.
- An example would be, if on a Matter, adding an Email tab, checking this option would show emails from anything linked to the matter, emails sent from bills for instance.
- Check Show Inactive to display records that have been set Inactive.
- Click the X to remove the tab from the view.
- The GEAR icon is legacy functionality to configure the old style related tabs list.
- Set the current view as System Default
- Reset your current view back to the System Default
The related items tab can be customized on a per user basis, or inherit from or set as system default (requires permissions).