If your firm receives payments that are not going towards a bill or payments that are larger than the bill total, Centerbase allows you to designate where you want to apply those overpayments.
*You can add a payment by selecting the blue plus in the top right corner or by selecting the green Matter Actions button on a matter*
In the payment dialogue box follow the steps below:
1. Select the client or matter you wish to apply to
2. Type in amount
3. Select the Type (ACH, Cash, Check, Other)
4. Click the blue 'Apply' button in the bottom right corner
In the new dialogue box you will choose how to apply these overpayments.
- The default will apply overpayments to the matter and client overpayments account
- You can change the Type if you want to apply funds to the Matter, Client, and Trust or Retainer account
- You can change the amount you want to apply, and select 'Add Row' to apply the rest of the amount somewhere else
**See attached clip below on how to apply overpayments**