The Centerbase Windows Admin Tool allows advanced users to determine both the Item type and Field type IDs needed by certain reports or configuration options.
Steps to Determine Item IDs
- Open the Windows Admin Tool, click Item Manager, then open any item in the list
- Click on the Item Relationships tab, then simultaneously click and hold the Control, Shift and ALT keys while double clicking on the Related Item Type Label.
- The System Details windows opens. left click, hold and drag the objecttype column up into the grey header area
- You are now able to expand each item type, and ascertain the internal database IDs for individual columns.
- The objecttype equates to the Item #
- The type equates to the Item Field #
- in the example below, the correct Item/Field combination for the 'Source' field on a 'Matter' would be 1001:1053
This nomenclature is used many places in Centerbase to specify fields, or chained fields.