How to Write a Check in Centerbase
Writing a check in Centerbase is simple. Just click the green plus icon in the upper right of the screen, and click 'Check'
The check window will open. First choose between an Operating or Trust check using the Check Type radio button. The default is Operating.
- Select the account you want to withdraw the funds from.
- Select the Payee. The drop down will show existing Clients and Vendors. You may type text in the pay to field, however, this will not allow for 1099 or other reporting on that check to take place.
- Enter line items for the check amounts
- If you wish to code to an account, fill in the expense account column
- For matter expenses, you must enter both the matter and the biling code. In this case, the account will be automatically assigned based on the matter or system settings for client costs advanced.
- The amount will automatically fill in based on the line items.
- Either save and close, or you may un-check print later, and print the check now.
There is a different process for writing a trust check.
- Click the Trust radio button,and select the matter and trust account
- The account will automatically be selected based on the matter trust account settings and will only allow amounts to be written up to the amount of the actual client ledger balance.
- Enter the payee and amount, and a memo for the trust disbursement.
- The check will credit the bank account and debit the matters trust liability account.