To import an Expense account, you have to have the Account ID. Which can be found a couple of different ways.
1. To have a compiled list of Account Names and ID's
- Create a Vendor Bill.
- Add One entry Line for Each Account.
- Put the Account Name in the Description.
- Go to the Billing Entries Related Item.
- If needed adjust the grid to show Account and Description Side by Side.
- The number under the Account Column is the ID needed to import the Account.
2. Obtain the ID number from the Chart of Accounts.
- Go into the Chart of Accounts.
- Scroll down to your Expenses.
- Right click on the Account Name
- The account ID is listed as the Data ID
Repeat for All Accounts.
This will be entered into the ACCOUNT Field on the import.
Note - You will need to ensure that any Firm Expense items with Accounts do NOT have Matters or Billing Codes and any Billable Expense Items with Matter and Billing Codes do NOT have Accounts.