Centerbase Administrators have the ability to check for duplicate Items when they import new Items, set links, and set lookups to Items already in Centerbase.
Users may choose the new Link and Add merge option, and if the Item already exists in Centerbase, it will be used in the import process when linking and setting lookups.
- This means if the Item already exists in Centerbase, we don’t create any duplicates that need to be merged, saving time, space, and preventing possible errors.
- In addition, if the imported Item matches an Item in Centerbase, but the imported Item has a value for a field that the existing Item does not have a value for, the existing Item will get the imported value.
- This option will never override existing values, only add values where there weren’t before.
- If more than one match exists in Centerbase, the Item will be ignored. Run duplicate checking with the same settings beforehand to make sure none exist.
- If there isn’t a match in Centerbase, a new Item will be created.
Please Note: You must have the most recent version of the PC Administrative Tool here downloaded in order to utilize this feature.