Centerbase allows users to create negative billing entries and generate bills from them. Negative billing entries provide an easy way for users to credit or refund a client. If a bill has an overall negative total, it can be refunded to the client or applied to other bills on the same matter.
- Please Note: Once a negative bill has been at least somewhat refunded or applied, the entries and total cannot be changed unless all refunds and applied are deleted.
- When a negative bill is posted, the accounts associated with the negative billing entries get debited and, by default, client overpayments gets credited.
- This can be changed in the Accounting Settings on the matter, client, or system, with the Negative Bill Prepaid Account setting.
- Negative bills are included with matter balances when auto applying to posted bills.
- When a bill with a positive total has negative billing entries, the sum of the negative entries will be auto-allocated to the positive entries upon posting.
- Please note: There is currently no way to manually allocate this distribution.