LawToolBox is a rules-based calendaring system that integrates seamlessly with Centerbase. Our LawToolBox integration lets you add jurisdiction-based deadlines directly to your matters and set trigger dates with just a few clicks. In this article, you'll learn how to utilize some of the main features used in our integration, such as creating triggers, calculating deadlines, and creating appointments.
You can go directly to a matter to begin setting deadlines with LawToolBox. On your dashboard, go to Matters, and then select a matter. From there, select Deadlines at the top. Here, you will see the options to set the States, TollSet, and Users.
- Users can select a state, toolset, and staff to schedule per matter and save these settings.
- Any triggers created on this matter will use these settings unless updated by the user.
You can create a new trigger by scrolling down past the last dialog we were on and navigating to the Triggers section directly below it. On the top right-hand corner, you will see a blue button that says New.
Once you click the New button, a dialog should appear that allows you to select your trigger dates. After you've selected your specification from the Trigger Dates field and Choose Date field, you can click the Calculate Deadlines button at the bottom.
Clicking the Calculate Deadlines button will generate a list of deadlines for that trigger. This action should generate both "Deadlines" and "Removed Deadlines" dialog boxes, as shown below.
Viewing/Editing Existing Triggers
- The user can choose to view/edit an already existing trigger on a matter. This dialog box appears directly beneath your Matter settings section.
- The View Appointments action, (which appears as a black calendar icon) is located in the Actions column. The View Appointments action allows users to view the deadlines for the selected trigger.
- The Delete action (which appears as the trash can icon) deletes the trigger and also all appointments linked to it.
- If it’s a new trigger, then all the calculated deadlines are selected by default when displayed. If few appointments have been saved already, then the saved appointments show up as selected and unsaved ones are not.
- The links under the "Details" column takes the user to a different page which displays an in-depth description of the deadline.
- The "Actions" column in the deadlines table allows the user to either edit or delete the appointment.
- The edit appointment action opens up the edit activity item page. This allows users to add/update any additional fields on both saved/new appointments and save the changes
- The deadlines table is searchable. The top right textbox allows the users to search on the Details and Description columns.
- Trigger date appointments:
- Sometimes, one of the calculated deadlines can be a trigger date when it’s DeadlineId is equal to the TriggerId.
- These appointments cannot be edited from the deadlines panel and can only be edited when opened from calendar view. Changing a trigger date appointment by dragging it to another day on the calendar view will prompt the user that this will recalculate all other appointments for the TriggerId they were created off of.