When a payment is received before a bill is generated, the payment can be saved as an overpayment on either the Client, Matter, or Trust Account.
- From the Add a Payment window, select the Client, Date, Amount, and the Type of payment
- Click the Apply button located at the lower right of the Add Payment window
- From the Choose How To Apply These Funds: screen, select whether to apply the advance payment on a Matter, Client, or Trust Account
- Advance payments can also be split between the Client, Matter, and Trust Account is also possible.
- Click Save on the Choose How To Apply these Funds screen
- Click Save and Close from the Add a Payment window
Once the payment is saved, it will be available the next time a Bill is created for the Client, Matter or Trust Account and will appear as Debits & Credits.