Centerbase lets you manage rates from System Settings, Client or Matter level. This article will provide an overview of the Contact level settings. Note: Clients are a subset of Contacts in Centerbase.
Open Rate Table Settings on the Contact
- Navigate to the Contact for which you'd like to configure the Rate Table.
- Click the gear located to the right of the Contact Actions and Workflow buttons.
- Choose Rate Table.
From the Rate Table screen, rates can be managed by:
- Use System Default: When this option is selected, the Contact will use the Rate Table and exceptions that are configured in the System Settings.
- Prohibit Rate Changes on this Contact's Matters: When this option is selected, users will not be able to change the Matter Rate Tables associated with this contact.
- Rate Table: If the Use System Default is not checked, the Contact will use the Rate Table identified within the Rate Table section. Rate Tables can be configured within the Centerbase System Settings by accessing Manage Rates and selecting Rate Tables.
- Exceptions: If there's a need to adjust a Timekeeper's rate from the selected Rate Table, this can be done by adding an exception, instead of having to make a new Rate Table. If a rate exception is applied, it will show the Scheduled Rate of the Timekeeper from the Rate Table and the Effective Rate that will be used.
When in Edit mode, the options for using the Default Table, a Custom Rate Table, and managing Exceptions will be available.
When attempting to save changes made on Rate Table, it will provide options on how billing rates will be affected. By clicking on the Confirm button, it will save the settings.