Centerbase lets you manage rates from System Settings, Client or Matter level. This article will provide an overview of the Matter level settings.
Open Rate Table Settings on the Matter
- Navigate to the matter for which you'd like to configure the rate table.
- Click the gear located to the right of the Matter Actions and Workflow buttons.
- Choose Rate Table.
From the Rate Table screen, rates can be managed by;
- Use Contact Table: When this option is selected, the matter will use the rate table and exceptions that are configured at the Contact or Client record. Other database configuration may show this as Use Client Table.
- Rate Table: If the Use Contact Table is not checked, the matter will use the Rate Table identified within the Rate Table section. Rate Tables can be configured within the Centerbase System Settings by accessing Manage Rates and selecting Rate Tables.
- Exceptions: If there's a need to adjust a Timekeeper's rate from the selected Rate Table, this can be done by adding an exception, instead of having to make a new Rate Table. If a rate exception is applied, it will show the Scheduled Rate of the Timekeeper from the Rate Table and the Effective Rate that will be used. Note: If the exception checkmark is black, it means the exception is set at the client level and will have to be modified in the client's Rate Table Settings.
When in Edit mode, the options for using a Contact Table, a Custom Rate Table, and managing Exceptions will be available.
When attempting to save changes made on Rate Table, it will provide options on how billing rates will be affected. By clicking on the Confirm button, it will save the settings.