Table of Contents
The Client Portal is a way for your firm to provide a rich experience for your clients and allow them to interact and share information with your staff and attorneys. The portal itself is actually a sub-application of your existing Centerbase site, with very strict permissions applied to what information gets shared and updated. While Centerbase lives at a URL similar to https://myfirm.centerbase.com/web, the Client Portal can be found at https://myfirm.centerbase.com/clientportal.
- Present on every page, it is based on the objects you enabled to be shared in Centerbase
- "Dashboard" is always an option
- “Calendar” shows up when Activities are enabled
- Activities, Documents, and Bills are the only record types that can be shared through the client portal.
- The search bar lets users search for keywords across all shared items and even the Matter’s info
- Results will come back with helpful details and clicking on a row will take you to the item in its appropriate page
- When a user only has one Matter to look at, they will see something like this:
- This dropdown lets users navigate to their profile page and logout
- If the user has access to more than one Matter, they will see this:
- On the left is a Matter picker that will update the portal information according to the Matter they select.
- The Client Portal will display information on only one matter at a time.
- “Recently Added” will contain the 8 most recent items (a combination of bills, documents, and activities) shared to the portal. Clicking on one will navigate to the item (whether in the calendar, the documents page, or the bills page)
- “Information” holds some data about the Matter and contact info. What displays here is set on the matter: > Client Portal > Matter Data Displayed on Client Portal.
- If Bills are enabled, there will be a box on the top right that looks like this:
- If Activities are enabled, there will be a mini calendar on the right side. Under the calendar are upcoming events, if any.
- “View more” takes you to the Calendar page.
- Clicking an Activity will display a dialog with more information
- If a user has access to more than one portal, they will see this dialog immediately after entering their login info:
- The dropdown will allow the user to select which matter's client portal they which to view.
- After the first login, the Client Portal will take you directly to the last viewed Matter Portal, instead of requiring you to choose each time.
- Shows Activities and Tasks in a calendar view.
- Defaults to month view but can be toggled to show list, week, and day views.
- The download icon will prepare and download a .ics calendar file for the current date range view so the client can easily add the activity to their personal calendar.
- Clicking an event will bring up the Activity Detail Dialog
- The download icon in this dialog will produce a .ics with only the single event
- Displays a grid of all documents shared to the portal
- Portal users can download a document by clicking on the button in the row
- Portal users can upload documents by clicking the orange + button in the top right.
- Most file types are accepted and there is no size limit
- If the file is taking a long time, users can close the dialog and uploading will continue in the background
- Articles uploaded like this will be visible to the client, with the client's name as the author,
- You can access these documents on the matter's file explorer, there will be a subfolder named "UploadedFromClientPortal".
- If that folder does not exist then the system will create it, the system will also create a new folder if you rename the original.
- Displays a grid of all bills shared to the portal
- Will only shows posted bills if using Prebills
- Portal users can take actions per bill such as view webcopy and download