Centerbase provides a program for Windows called the Windows Administrative Tool. This tool is used for administrative level functions that an average user will not need to do on a day to day basis. Some of the things that are available in the Windows Administrative Tool are:
- Managing Users. This includes adding new users, deactivating old users, resetting passwords, managing default security settings, group membership, and basic permissions.
- Managing items and fields
- Customizing data views
- Finding / merging duplicates
- Customizing Mobile App settings (iOS and Android)
- Importing data
- Creating charts that can be viewed on the web dashboard
- Creating HTML templates that can be used in workflows and custom e-mails
Once you have downloaded and installed the Windows Administrative Tool, if you open it for the first time you will be prompted to enter a server you want to connect to. Let's say (for example) that when you log into Centerbase in your browser you go to
When prompted for a server to connect to in the Admin Tool, you would enter MyLawFirm.centerbase.com
Hit next and you will be prompted to enter your user name and password. Use the same user name and password you use to log in to Centerbase in your browser. Decide whether you want to save your password and click OK to continue.
You will now be logged in to the Windows Administrative Tool. You can click the ? icon in the upper right corner and select Help Contents to get detailed help with using the Admin Tool. You can also check our Online Help Center for several articles dedicated to using the Admin Tool.