This article will offer the definitions of the Lookup Field options that are presented when creating a new Lookup Field in the Windows Administrative Tool.
- Link Lookup Values - When you add a Lookup Field value, the lookup record will also be linked under your Related Tabs. For example, if you have a Contact Lookup field named Client on a Matter and you add Joe Smith as the Client, Joe Smith will also show up under the Contacts Related Tabs.
- Unlink Old Values - If you replace the value of a Lookup Field with a new record, this option will unlink the old value from the Related Tabs.
- Auto Populate when Linking - If you add a related record under your Related Tabs, the record will auto-populate in any field of that same record type. For example, if you add Joe Smith's Contact Record on your Matter's Related Tab for Contacts, Joe Smith will populate in any Contact Lookup Fields on your matter.
- Overwrite Existing Values - Any consecutive record you relate using the Related Tab after the first record, will overwrite field values.
- Enable Hierarchy - Do not use
More information on how to access the Item Manager.