Centerbase contains a system utility to mass set originators to take advantage of the fee compensation reports. The utility will use the value from 1 to up to 3 separate user lookups to populate the origination settings on each matter in the system.
To open the utility, open the system settings and click the Utilities link. If you do not see the Utilities option, you most likely do not have the necessary permissions.
User Field 1-3: Select a value from a lookup field on the matter that contains the user you wish to set as an originator on the corresponding matter.
- You may set up to 3 originators per matter using this utility
Percent Share Field 1-3: Specify a field on the matter that contains the percent share to allocate to the corresponding originator from User Field 1-3.
- Enter the percentage as a WHOLE number. For example 20% should be specified as '20' and not ".20".
- If NO share is specified for a single originator, the system will assign the system default origination percentage set in the Billing Settings. NOTE this works for a SINGLE originator ONLY.
- If more than one originator is set using this utility, you MUST specify a value in the Share field for all user fields, or the utility will fail with an error message.
Replace Originator Value: If this option is checked, all matters that have values for the specified user fields and percent share fields will have their existing originators removed and replaced with the ones specified in the user fields.
This will control how the utility handles dealing with a matter where an originator is already specified.
If you DON'T check this box:
- If a matter has no originators set, the utility will add the newly specified originators/originators to the matter.
- If an originator is already set on a matter, and you specify only a single user field, Centerbase will ignore that matter, and will not change the existing originators nor their shares or add any new originators.
- If any originators are already set on a matter, and you specify more than one user field, Centerbase will add any new originators to the specified matter.
- The utility will NEVER update the percentage share for any existing originators.
If you DO check this box:
- If an originator is already set on a matter, and you specify only a single user field, Centerbase will replace the single existing originator with the new single specified originator along with the appropriate percent share.
- If originators are already set on a matter, and you specify more than one user field, Centerbase will add any new originators to the specified matter. If the existing originator is one of the specified users, it will not duplicate the user nor will it change their percent share.