Here is the link to send files to us:
Here's a basic roadmap of how the implementation should go:
- Consultant chooses a cutoff date for old system & informs the client that any data they put in after cutoff date will not be brought over to Centerbase. They will also coordinate this date with Centerbase to make sure we are prepared to import it and don’t have any conflicts.
- Consultant ZIPs up Timeslips data and sends to Centerbase. For Timeslips 2016 and lower, find the Timeslips data folder and add all of the files in that folder to a ZIP file. For Timeslips 2017 and higher, find the folder that has the Timeslips Firebird .FDB file, ZIP that file. In both cases use the SendThisFile.com link above to send the files to us. When using SendThisFile, please indicate what database this is meant to be imported to.
- If you need help finding the Timeslips files, there is a program called Timeslips Administrator (typically installed on the server that is managing Timeslips). This has features for displaying the locations of the Timeslips files, as well as when they were last updated. Always check the modified date on the files, or you might end up sending an older Timeslips file that the firm no longer uses.
- Consultant gets a report on WIP, AR, and Trust by matter
- Consultant exports the contact custom fields
- Centerbase runs TS import tool to import billing data.
- Timeslips "contacts" will be split into clients and matters. The name of the client and matter will be the Nickname1, and they will also have TS ID field that points to the record ID in Timeslips.
- All users/timekeepers from Timeslips will be brought in as inactive users.
- All billing codes from Timeslips will be brought in.
- All billing and trust records will be brought in from Timeslips. Each will be connected to the appropriate matters and clients and have a TS ID that points to the record id of each transaction in Timeslips.
- Centerbase runs a conversion routine to update payment balances to our new client/matter allocations
- Consultant activates any users that were imported that will be active in the Centerbase system as well.
- Consultant imports matter/client information
- Updating the name to whatever the consultant/client thinks is appropriate based on the source data.
- Importing all fields such as phone number, address, client #/matter #, and custom fields
- Merging duplicate client contacts into a single record
- Consultant (if using Accounting) will set the Expense Type (Hard Cost vs. Soft Cost) on expense billing codes.
- Consultant validates WIP, AR, and Trust and make any adjustments that might be needed.
- If a bill is still showing a balance when the client says it shouldn't, it can be credited off
- Any outstanding credit balances that need to either be removed or transferred can be refunded. If it is an AR to AR transfer, a new payment/credit can be made on the other matter to show the credit was transferred. If it is an AR to Trust transfer, a deposit to trust can be made to show the transfer.
- Once all numbers are validated, Consultant will go to System Settings -> Utilities and Post All Bills and Auto Allocate Payments to fees/expenses/interest