Here is the link to send files to us:
Here's a basic roadmap of how the implementation should go:
- Consultant chooses a cutoff date for old system & informs the client that any data they put in after cutoff date will not be brought over to Centerbase. They will also coordinate this date with Centerbase to make sure we are prepared to import it and don’t have any conflicts.
- If there are any user types defined in Time Matters, the Consultant will customize the client’s Centerbase database to create the appropriate item types and inform Centerbase as to which Time Matters types will be imported to which Centerbase types.
- Consultant will inform Centerbase what Time Zone the calendar events/to-do's are in. This will allow Centerbase to make sure they import with the proper date/time.
- Consultant backs up Time Matters SQL data and sends the SQL .bak file to Centerbase
- Consultant gets a report on WIP, AR, and Trust by matter
- Centerbase runs TM import tool to import
- Billing data (if applicable). This includes all billing codes, billing entries (billed and unbilled), bills, payments, credits, refunds, and trust transactions.
- Events/to-dos. This will bring in subject, start date, end date, is all day, and completion date (if applicable). This will also schedule users/contacts/matters/etc with the events. If a single event has multiple people scheduled, only one event will be brought in and those people will all be scheduled with it (which is different than the way Time Matters stores one event per person). This does NOT bring in any recurring activity settings. If not told otherwise, events and to-dos will be brought in assuming they are in the Central Time Zone.
- Matters, contacts, mail, notes, phone calls, and user types. Each of these will only have very basic data brought in. This includes: Name, Inactive/Archived, Modified Date, Creation Date, Creator, CCode(s), and Time Matters SysID. All other fields will be brought in by the Consultant using the standard import tool and matching records based on the TM ID field.
- CCodes will be brought in on all records that are imported as a tagging field.
- Centerbase runs a conversion routine to update payment balances to our new client/matter allocations
- Centerbase sends spreadsheets with all information for each record from TM to the consultant. This will generate one spreadsheet per record type in Time Matters (matters, contacts, etc). The column headers will be based on the default Time Matters layout. Some consultants prefer to do their own export of data from Time Matters if the client has many different layouts where the same field has different names (or even data types).
- Consultant imports all fields on Matters, Contacts, Mail, Notes, Phone Calls, and User Types.
- Billing related records (AR and Fund Transactions) are automatically imported, populated, and linked by the TM import tool.
- The Consultant will need to set the Expense Type on any imported Expense Billing Codes (Hard Cost VS Soft Cost). This can be done by going to More -> Billing Codes, clicking Advanced Search, and finding billing codes where the Class equals Expense and the Expense Type Is Empty. Then you can check the box next to all of the hard cost billing codes, click Actions -> Edit and set the Expense Type to Hard Cost. Then just do the same for soft costs.
- Calendar Activities (Events and To-Dos) are also imported, populated, and scheduled with users, matters, contacts, and any other record that is connected to them in Time Matters.
- Emails cannot currently be imported directly to Centerbase Emails, but they can be imported by the consultant to a custom record in Centerbase.
- Documents are handled in a separate document import, but the data from Time Matters can be used by Centerbase to properly connect the documents and folders to matters and contacts.
- Consultant validates WIP, AR, and Trust and makes any adjustments that might be needed.
- If a bill is still showing a balance when the client says it shouldn't, it can be credited off
- Any outstanding credit balances that need to either be removed or transferred can be refunded. If it is an AR to AR transfer, a new payment/credit can be made on the other matter to show the credit was transferred. If it is an AR to Trust transfer, a deposit to trust can be made to show the transfer.
- Once all numbers are validated, Consultant will go to System Settings -> Utilities and Post All Bills and Auto Allocate Payments to fees/expenses/interest