Centerbase offers direct integration with Office 365’s calendar. It is not necessary but is highly recommended, that the client host their mail and calendar on 365’s servers to ensure the best integration.
Each individual user will need to log in with their Office 365 account under the User settings > Office 365 tab. Clicking the Connect button will bring up an external O365 login authorization page. The user then can push their Centerbase calendar to their Office 365 account using the Push my calendar to 365 button.
Note: Mass pushing existing entries from Centerbase to Office 365 is a one-way push. Centerbase cannot currently pull the entire user’s calendar into Centerbase for prior existing entries. If events from an Office 365 account must be brought into Centerbase, then they must be imported using the import tool.
The integration supports both one-way sync (push new events from Centerbase to O365) or two-way (push new events from Centerbase to O365 or from O365 to Centerbase). Either way, once the entry has been synced, between the two systems, it will remain in sync when modifications or deletions occur.
|Any user that is in the Scheduled for section of the activity in Centerbase will show a green check in the lower right-hand side of their record denoting that they are connected to 365. Centerbase will push the calendar entry to their 365 calendars for these users.|
In the System Settings > Office 365 section, administrators may adjust the System Wide O365 sync settings listed below:
- Always Push to Outlook: Should Activities by default push from Centerbase to O365 calendar upon save. Users may always deselect on a per activity basis.
- When Deleting: If the user is restricted from deleting an activity, then deleting the activity from 0365 will remove the user from the Scheduled for section of the activity.
- When Editing: If the user is restricted from editing an activity, then editing the activity from 0365 will remove the user from the Scheduled for section of the activity and create a newly edited version on the user’s calendar.
- Create New from Office: Allow two-way syncing of new activities. Refer to the next setting for information on requirements to create activities from O365.
- Create New Prefix: Leaving this option blank means all events created in O365 will push to Centerbase. Placing a text prefix here means that only events created with that prefix will push to Centerbase.