To create a new report or edit an existing report, click the Reports tab in System Settings, then either select a report from the drop down, or click New Report.
Clicking New Report will open the report editor for a new, blank report. On the Details tab, enter the below information:
- Name: Name of the report
- Parent Tab: Defines the tab where the report appears in the Report Center
- Summary: Description of report that will appear on in the Report Center
- Report Type:
- Basic: Simple report created by selecting a main item type and fields from item for columns
- Custom: requires use of custom SQL stored procedure to pull column and row data
- System: Centerbase created standard reports
- Item Type: Table/Item that the report will be created for (only for Basic Reports)
- Stored Query: Optionally select a query to filter data for the report (only for Basic Reports)
Click the Columns tab and begin to add columns to the report:
- Field ID: Choose a field from the main item type for the column. Use of data view columns is allowed (i.e. on a Matter report, get the client’s email address using the field Client.Email Address).
- Label: Optionally give the column a custom name.
- Column Width: Specify column size in percent (%).
- Header and Column Align: Set alignment of header and data within the column. It is standard to align number values to the right.
- Header/Column CSS: Optionally set CSS class for formatting. Requires use of custom CSS parameters.
- Visible: If checked, the column will show as a column on the report (you can have invisible columns that can be used for sorting, filtering or grouping!).
- Printable: If checked, the column will show on the printed version of the report.
- Show on Group Footer: Check to subtotal this column for each group.
- Show on Report Footer: Check to total this column for the entire report.
Setting a column as a filter places a filter option at the top of the report, which users can apply each time they run the report as needed. Check Filterable to enable column for use as a filter. You will then have the below options:
- Order: Set the display order of the filter.
- Width: Set number of columns for the filter to span.
- Print Filter: Specify if the filter values show on the printed report.
The grouping tab allows users to define report columns to group like records or subtotal values. Click the Groups > + Group to create your first grouping.
Input the below information to configure the grouping settings:
- Column: Select column to group by
- Sort Direction: Sorts column values Ascending or Descending (i.e. Ascending String fields would be A-Z, and numbers would be 1-10)
Note: Pay attention to the data type of the field you are sorting on. Alphanumeric strings sort by first letter/number then second letter/number. For example, I have three matters with Cause #'s filled out: 1000123, 9236, and 65489200. In the case where Cause # is a number field, my ascending sort order would be 9236, 1000123 and 65489200. If the field was a text field, then the ascending sort order would be 1000123, 65489200, 9236!
- Show Records: Check to show the records that are in the group rather than just totals/subtotals.
- Header: Click insert value and add additional text to the header and footer description for the group. Default is to use the column name.
- CSS Class: Add custom formatting using CSS styles. Requires knowledge of existing CSS styles available in Centerbase.
- Up/Down: sets the group/sub grouping level.
- X: Removes group from report.
Column sorting allows for multiple levels of record sorting based on values of data contained in various columns.
- Sort by Column: Select column to sort by.
- Asc/Desc: Set if rows should be sorted ascending or descending.
- Up/Down: Drag rows by icon on left to re arrange sort order.
- X: Delete sort condition.
Allows setting of various option for printed report.
Will allow for custom thumbnails to be displayed for report in report center
Allows saving and moving reports between databases using XML export file. Any missing Items or fields in target database will need to be reassigned or removed for report to function correctly.