If you are searching for a Matter or Vendor in a lookup field you can add data fields from that Matter or Vendor to distinguish between them in the dropdown of the lookup field.
See examples below of a lookup field without added values and example with values added.
No added values
Added Values (including Active Status and Client)
1. Click the Blue Plus button in the top right corner
2. Select 'Bill' to update Matter lookup, or 'Vendor Bill' to update Vendor lookup
3. In the Matter field, double click on the magnifying glass
4. Use the 'SubTitle' fields dropdown to select values to add to the dropdown
5. Click the Green plus button
6. You can save this for everyone at your firm by checking the box next to 'System Defualt'
7. Click Apply
See screenshots below.