What's New in our September 2020 Release
The purpose of this article is to provide a summary the changes, and provide links to learn more details about each update.
Major New Features in this Release Include:
The “Ethical Wall” is a new feature in Centerbase created to allow the setting and inheritance of “deny” permissions for specific users or groups on Centerbase records. Learn more here
Centerbase numbers can be given forwarding numbers and outbound caller ID. When the user makes a call, the recipient of the call will see the Outbound Caller ID as the number that they are receiving a call from. Learn more here
Taskframe updates (Multiple boards, Checklists and Attachments)
Users now have the option to create and manage multiple Taskframe boards Learn more here
Checklists and attachments can now be added to Taskframe Learn more here
For those using LawPay, a fee can now be added to offset that processing cost Learn more here
Added formal support for showing Fields from a Lookup on the Parent Record
- Many parts of Centerbase allow the user to reference "Lookup chained" Fields on a Record, but there were some areas where they did not work properly. They are now fully supported.
Added ability to sort the list of Time Entries on the Time Sheet page
- Users can now control that ordering which makes it much easier to sort the billing entries as needed.
Added ability to specify the Type of Matter when creating Workspaces in NetDocuments
- NetDocs has built functionality to adjust a folder structure for a space based on the Practice Area (Type) of a Matter.
- We previously did not support this but it has now been added.
Added new Tile to Matter details for “Unbilled Costs”
- There is a new tile to right of Fee WIP that shows costs not yet billed. It does include costs on pre-bills. Once posted they, will not show any more.
- There is also a new System Setting under (Advanced Configuration > Matter) to control whether that Tile includes Hard-Costs, Soft-costs, or both.
Updated the Time Entry Approval UI
- Enhancements were done to improve the readability of this interface.
Added new Line Items tab for Client Bills, as an alternate way to manage Billing entries
- This is a new pre-bill approval line items editing grid on bills to make editing line items easier.
Added new notification icon for Users who have the ability to approve Pre-Bills
- Users are notified if they have pre-bills to approve in the pre-bill approval system.
Chats can now be started on any Record Type with a form
- Previously, the chat feature in centerbase was only available on Matters and Activities. We have added the functionality to chat on any Record Type with a Form. Each record will have its own chat channel/history.
- When editing a form, each Address Group now shows which Field on the Record it corresponds to
- We now allow editing Billing Entries from Paid Vendor Bills, as long as it doesn’t affect Accounts Payable. (i.e. Allowed to change Billed Hours, Billed Rate, Description, etc.)
- Fixed issue where choosing to delete a Billing Entry from its dialog would not indicate that it was deleting until it was successful.
- Added ability to specify Country on LawPay payments for instances when it’s required.
- Fixed issue where sometimes Billing Entries marked to hide on Bill/Invoice would still be reflected in the Staff Summary
- Fixed issue where code snippets were appearing on some History Bills
- Fixed issue where a payment could not be made to a Bill if all its Client’s Matters were inactive
- Logging into the Client Portal will now take you directly to the last viewed Matter Portal, instead of requiring you to choose on each login
- Fixed Issue where sometimes payments that had been reversed would have their allocations change, so the reversal no longer matched the original payment
- Fixed issue where Reports’ table headers would be out of alignment with the columns
- Expanded and Improved our Automated QA Tests to ensure greater stability between releases
- Fixed issues that could arise when syncing recurring events from Outlook into Centerbase
- Fixed issue where the Missing Time custom report would not get the correct “Worked Hours Goal” field
- Fixed display issues for online banking transactions matched to Journal Entries
- Fixed Issue where notes button on Pre-Bill Approval would not re-enable if it ever gets disabled
- Mobile App Functionality Change
- Added New Icons for Record Types, as well as the ability to view and search Related Records
- Added the ability to download Documents from the mobile app to your device
- Added Homepage
- Various issues addressed