This article will give a brief description of how to set up auto-naming on an item using the Windows Administrative Tool.
- Double-clicking on an item brings up an additional dialogue, allowing the user to edit the item’s information and fields.
On the Properties tab, you can edit the name of the item, turn on deletion tracking, set icons, and turn on auto-naming of records.
- You will need to ensure that the checkbox for Enable Auto-Naming is filled in.
- Clicking on the icon will allow you to choose what fields you want to use for Auto-Naming.
- Once you have chosen all of the items, in the order you wish them to appear, you can then set any spaces, dashes or other characters to split the items apart.
- Make sure to click Apply when done.
All new items of this type will be Auto-Named in this format.
Note* This setting can be changed at any time, but the changes are not retroactive. Any new settings will only affect new items going forward.