We're excited to share what our development team has been working on in the past month. In this new release, we're introducing a record 263 enhancements and improvements! This includes new features and updates to Centerbase to keep delivering the best solution possible. See how your team can work faster and more efficiently in Centerbase with our latest updates.
As always, our main source for direction and enhancements come from you, our clients and partners! Please make sure to participate in our community forum to suggest your ideas and features for our upcoming releases HERE!
New Features and Updates
Find Information Faster!
Report Drill Down / Hyperlinks
Basic reports will now show a link to the main item the report was created for. So, payment reports let you click and open the payment link right from the report and matter reports allow you to drill down right to the matter. Simply include the 'Name' column in your report, and the column is now clickable.
NOTE: The first version of report hyperlinking supports displaying the link for the main item of a basic report. Ie, if you have a report on payments, you must add the 'Name' column for the payment record, and the payment will then be clickable. If the item is grouped and not showing in a column, the link will not show. Support for links to other, related columns is coming soon!
New Filters on Accounting Reports
Create and use custom filters on your accounting reports. Reports now allow specifying a date range. The ability to include accounts with more options is coming soon. Create and save as many different report definitions as you'd like.
New Search Indexing Tool.
We've added a new user interface to configure search options for the 'search for anything' and Item home page search boxes. This feature was released to a few clients in our June preview release.
Users can now set what record types and fields are searched in the Global and Item search boxes. Learn More Here
Manage and Configure your System Easier
New Web Item Manager
The Item Manager is being moved from the Windows Administrative Tool into the web System Settings, and expanded with exciting new features! Read the full KB Here
Now you can manage record features such as:
- Set auto numbering
- Configure file system folders
- Required Fields
- Rename Items and Fields
- Setting up Tagging Fields
New Activity and Task Search Options and Performance Improvements
New updates allow you to search more easily for scheduled users or other record types. Users can now create queries that specify precise conditions for both users & groups, or 'Current User'. Search speed for tasks and activities when specifying user conditions is now 5 to 10x faster.
Add Custom Fields to Users
Long requested has been the ability to add custom fields to user records. Now, the PC Admin Tool supports managing the User record in the Item Manager! Make sure to update your PC Tool to the latest release for this feature. Click here for the newest version!
Download More Reports
All existing system reports in Centerbase can now be downloaded into Excel. Previously only basic reports could be downloaded.
New Add-ins Available!
We are releasing new versions of all 3 Windows programs. They are available for download, and we recommend all users update as soon as possible.
- The Word add-in now converts doc to docx when saving; the performance of CB Open and CB Save has been improved. Word Add-in clears local cache folder when saving. Resolves issues with mapped drive opening older local cached versions instead of updated server versions.
- Outlook add-in performance and stability improvements
- PC Import improvements and Item Manager updates
- New options for link only imports
- Ability to add custom fields to Activities and Users
General Performance Enhancements
We continue to listen, monitor statistics and evaluate areas to improve the user experience and make response time faster. This month we have targeted and improved the following areas:
- Search speed for activity records using 'scheduled for' as the criteria is 5 to 10x faster.
- Formula processing order of magnitude speed improvements. System is now able to process thousands of formulas in parallel per database versus serially calculations previously.
- Time and expense entry creation and saving optimized for speed improvements. This has resulted in 2 to 5x faster time entry saving in many client databases.
- Improved auto-naming field generation performance for all record types resulting in faster save times for all record types.
- Reduced save time for Time and Expense entries. Triggers and workflows will be processed separately from the save actions for improved performance rather than wait for them to complete. This has resulted in up to 10x faster time entry saving in many client databases.
- Online banking speed improvements when loading, saving or matching transactions
- Dramatic general search speed improvements from the Search Boxes using new Full-Text Indexes. Especially large speed improvements for non-administrative users in systems with extensive security settings configured.
- Improved loading time for the Accounting Home Page.
- Added new custom filters capability to all accounting reports. Users can create, save and set new report filtering conditions.
- Added Year-End Close functionality to automatically display closing entries in income and expense accounts. Reports that cross accounting periods will automatically show closing entries to reflect accurate current balances for income and expenses accounts.
- Updates to account numbering to allow text characters in account numbers.
- Updates to improve loading time of account registers.
- Drill down from accounting reports passes date range to account register.
- New protection to prevent deletion of Vendors when they have associated bills or payments.
- Ability to download and export the chart of accounts.
- Ability to delete payment reversals if desired.
- Added 'duplicate' function to journal entries, can be used when 'save and duplicate' is not allowed due to restrictions.
- New sorting options in Chart of Accounts and Reports based on account types.
- Ability to modify portions of transactions that are reconciled, deposited, transferred or were otherwise previously locked.
- Added Excel download for all system and custom reports.
- Hyperlinks to basic report main records.
- Improved trust ledger page to not load all transactions by default resulting in much faster load time. Options to select individual clients or matters.
- Modified date control in vendor bill grid, checks and other areas to allow manual entry of dates.
- Added ability to modify transactions that had previously been locked, such as posted or deposited payments and many more as long as they don't violate certain rules.
- New utility to specify record types that generate file system folders.
- New utility to structure file system hierarchy based on parent and child records using lookup fields. Now allows dynamic restructuring of the entire file system folder structure on the fly. For example, it is easy to now place matters under related contacts records as typically done in most firms.
CAUTION!: Modifying the file system structure is an advanced feature, and we recommend advanced users only use this feature and thoroughly understanding the implications before proceeding. Feel free to contact support before making changes to your file system settings using this new tool.
- New settings in NetDocuments integration to allow fields other than 'Name' to be used as Workspace title. (Teaser, next release will allow passing unlimited configurable Centerbase fields into NetDocumetns properties.)
- New setting to save preference by user for last layout set when creating records. This allows different users from different practice areas to set form layouts more easily for their area of practice.
*SPR = Software Performance Report
- Fixed this issue where payments are not saving distributions if the total prepaid amount was 0.
- Solved the problem where Modified Date was sometimes showing Creation Date in file system grid.
- Prevented future collation errors when deleting journal entries.
- Fixed the problem where the default bank account would not display on new checks.
- Fixed the filter drop-down showing the wrong option when the dialog first loads.
- Resolved the issue with the LawPay logo not displaying correctly in the system settings.
- Fixed the problem with distributions of payment reversals not being created.
- Resolved the issue with the originators field where some new operators would not read from the database correctly.
- Fixed LawToolBox issue where names, descriptions, and activity classes were not being saved correctly sometimes.
- Resolved the problem where Matter.Client numbers didn't match with Client.Client numbers.
- Fixed the problem with Online Banking where the page would freeze when receiving errors like timeouts.
- BILL PAYMENT: fixed issue where payment value would sometimes be 1 cent less than entered when paying with Stripe
- TIME ENTRIES REPORT: changed how Time Entries Report exports to Excel and CSV
when grouped to better match how it appears on the web view.
- CHART OF ACCOUNTS: changed so that Retained Earnings cannot be selected for new accounts. Also now deferring calculation of Retained Earnings balance to the Account Register.
- LAWTOOLBOX: fix for deadline settings not getting saved when you choose to not update existing activities.
- BASIC REPORTS: fixed issue where currencies would not export to Excel correctly.
- FILE SYSTEM: added handling for Windows reserved file names when creating new folders from record names.
- VENDORS: prevent deleting vendors with associated checks, payments or bills.
- ORIGINATION UTILITY: fixed issue where the utility to Set Origination From
Lookups would change the Production settings for existing matters as well.
- RECONCILIATION: fixed issue where negative previous Balance would sometimes show as a positive value instead of negative.
- REPORTS: Updates to print view to insert blank columns when custom report alignment is chosen in reports manager. Update to not call blank column calculations when report width is greater than or equal to 100%.
- PERFORMANCE TRUST LEDGER: Improved performance of trust account summary stored
procedure by using the newer tables
- QUERIES: fixed error when using 'is before' and 'is after' conditions.
- FILESYSTEM: fixed issue where filesystem would not be disabled if the record
type folder had been deleted.
- TRIAL BALANCE REPORT: updated sorting logic for Excel and CSV downloads.
- CHART OF ACCOUNTS: updated the Chart of Accounts to load ordered by category,
subtype, account name by default.
- ACCOUNT REGISTER: fixed issue where refreshing the account register could
clear the date range settings.
- CHECK PAYEE - Fixing issue where custom payees on checks would not show on
- CLIENT BILL LINE ITEMS: fixed issue where trying to move exactly 1 line items
would not update the grid after success.
- INACTIVE ACTIVITIES: fixed issue where setting an activity as inactive from the
activity list would not make it inactive everywhere.
- REPORTS PRINTING: fixed issue where sometimes groups subtotal would be misaligned.
- TRUST TRANSACTIONS: added validation to protect deposited trust transactions
from being deleted.
- RATES - Fixing problem with rate tables when you delete all but one version of
the rate table
- LAWTOOLBOX: Sanitizing International Characters from matter names and hearing
- LAWTOOLBOX: added validation for matter names and hearing note names to avoid
- REPORTS MANAGER: added missing default filter dates.
- WRITE CHECKS: fixed issue where the default bank account would sometimes not show on new
- EXPORTING REPORTS: fixed issues with exporting reports that use group footers.
- SAVING FORM LAYOUT: fixed issue where creating a new object with a specific form
layout would always revert to the default.
- ONLINE BANKING: Fixed matched deposits not showing green lightning bolt in account register.