1099 Vendor Reports
The 1099 Vendor Report displays the sum of payments made to all 1099 vendors.
After you've downloaded the report, to access it, navigate to Reports and select Accounting from the top categories.
Below is an explanation of the most important fields that appear in a 1099 Vendors Report:
- Total Payments: This column contains the sum of all payments made to the vendor via check or bill payments.
- YTD: This refers to the beginning Year To Date 1099 Amount. This can be imported to a vendor from your prior system, or manually set on each vendor.
- Total 1099 Amount: This is the sum of Total Payments and YTD columns.
- Box Values: This is based on the box value set on the vendor; the total payment amount shows up in the appropriate box column.
The user has the ability to filter by date, vendor, or accounts used for payments, as shown below. This allows filtering out payments made by credit or debit card for example, if the IRS does not require reporting those amounts on the 1099.
The "Accounts" dropdown is loaded with all the accounts that are a part of the payments that have been made. Additional filtering can be done on the report by unselecting the accounts that the user doesn’t wish to see.
The "Accounts" dropdown is populated from information entered using the Reports Manager. Navigate to your settings cog in the lower left-hand corner of the main navigation bar. From there, select System Settings > Reports Manager, and then select Reports from the drop-down. Under the Select a Report drop-down, you may select the 1099 Vendors report.
From here, if you navigate to Columns > Column: Accounts, a new text box titled “Accounts SQL Proc” is added to specify the procedure to use for populating the "Accounts" dropdown in the Vendor 1099 report.
A New Vendor Tax setting has also been added to individual vendors. To navigate to this setting, go to any vendor, select the cog beside the name of the vendor, and then select Accounting.
Once the Accounting Settings window is open, under the Vendor Tax Information tab, you will find a new line titled "Is 1099 Vendor." You can either check this box or leave it unchecked by using the Edit button at the top.
- If the "Is 1099 Vendor" setting is checked, the remaining settings such as Box values (the box in which the total payments amount should show up in), Vendor Tax ID and YTD Amount can be set on a vendor.