Introducing the latest and greatest version of Centerbase! We're excited to showcase what our team has been working hard to refine and update in the last month. All Centerbase databases were updated with these additions on January 10th, 2019.
Some of the newest features and updates that we've introduced in our January Version include:
New Features and Updates
1099 Vendor Reports
Users now have access to a 1099 Vendors Report.
Our new reporting feature displays the sum of payments made to all 1099 vendors. You can download this new report here.
After you've downloaded the report, to access it, navigate to Reports and select Accounting from the top categories.
Below is an explanation of the most important fields that appear in a 1099 Vendors Report:
- Total Payments: This column contains the sum of all payments made to the vendor via check or bill payments.
- YTD: This refers to the beginning Year To Date 1099 Amount. This can be imported to a vendor from your prior system, or manually set on each vendor.
- Total 1099 Amount: This is the sum of Total Payments and YTD columns.
- Box Values: This is based on the box value set on the vendor; the total payment amount shows up in the appropriate box column.
The user has the ability to filter by date, vendor, or accounts used for payments, as shown below. This allows filtering out payments made by credit or debit card for example, if the IRS does not require reporting those amounts on the 1099.
The "Accounts" dropdown is loaded with all the accounts that are a part of the payments that have been made. Additional filtering can be done on the report by unselecting the accounts that the user doesn’t wish to see.
The "Accounts" dropdown is populated from information entered using the Reports Manager. Navigate to your settings cog in the lower left-hand corner of the main navigation bar. From there, select System Settings > Reports Manager, and then select Reports from the drop-down. Under the Select a Report drop-down, you may select the 1099 Vendors report.
From here, if you navigate to Columns > Column: Accounts, a new text box titled “Accounts SQL Proc” is added to specify the procedure to use for populating the "Accounts" dropdown in the Vendor 1099 report.
A New Vendor Tax setting has also been added to individual vendors. To navigate to this setting, go to any vendor, select the cog beside the name of the vendor, and then select Accounting.
Once the Accounting Settings window is open, under the Vendor Tax Information tab, you will find a new line titled "Is 1099 Vendor." You can either check this box or leave it unchecked by using the Edit button at the top.
- If the "Is 1099 Vendor" setting is checked, the remaining settings such as Box values (the box in which the total payments amount should show up in), Vendor Tax ID and YTD Amount can be set on a vendor.
New Standard W-9 Fields
Users can now add a W-9 field to vendors with the form designer.
Users now also have the option to add W-9 fields to vendors with the Form Designer. This field allows users to store the W-9 from the vendor directly within the vendor profile.
Once the W-9 field is added, there will be a checkbox that users can mark to indicate whether a W-9 was received from the vendor or not.
To learn more about adding fields with the Form Designer, read our article about the Form Designer.
Updates to Outlook 365 Add-in
User Interface improvements and functionality enhancements have been made to make our Outlook 365 Add-in more efficient and user-friendly.
A few of the improvements that have been made include:
- Now all options are available with the matched records on the left column and attachments on the right.
- Checking any matched record will automatically select the "Attach with" dropdown with the selected matched record.
- The duplicate emails that were getting attached to the object when the "Attach to selected items" button was selected have been removed.
- Attachments can now be displayed in the file explorer.
Improving the appearance and overall usability of our Report Designer.
- Users now have the ability to make reports (in view mode) that exceed 100% and can scroll horizontally.
- Users now have the ability to right, left, or center aligns a report.
- Borders have been added to report tables.
- Users now have the ability to add default date filters to reports.
Other Tweaks and Improvements
*SPR = Software Performance Report
Conflict Check Improvements
- Improved the handling of multiple "Must Have" criteria.
- Improved how the "Exclude" criteria are handled.
- Various other performance improvements have been made.
- The issue with reconciliations saving for later has been fixed. (SPR #4789)
- Performance has been enhanced for large reconciliations.
Quickbook Integration Improvements
- The integration can now handle un-applied payments and credits. (SPR #4792)
- Performance has been enhanced to improve the speed when handling large invoices. (SPR #4808)
- The Chart of Accounts speed performance has been improved by a factor of 10x. (SPR #4957)
- The error message popup has been updated. (SPR #4760)
- The ability for expenses to be marked up and marked down when billing a client without affecting the payable has been added. (SPR #4730)
- The "Enter Expenses" action has been added as an option to add to the Navigation Bar. (SPR #4803)
- A "Clear" button has been added to the billing code dropdowns in the Billing Settings. (SPR #4819)
- In the Reports Manager, "last year" has now been set as the default date filer dropdown. (SPR #4817)
*SPR = Software Performance Report
- Fixed the problem with the timekeeper analysis report filter not applying to fees received. (SPR #4475)
- Resolved issue with the account filter not changing payment totals. (SPR #4841)
- The error that involved vendors with old payments not showing up in the 1099 if they had a YTD amount has been fixed. (SPR #4840)
- Fixed issue with all trust transactions showing when posting a bill. (SPR #4857)
- In the time expense dialog, the issue where the first account in each category would not show in the account dropdown has been fixed. (SPR #4815)
- When importing, the problem with the phone number columns breaking or merging the import has been resolved. (SPR #4807)
- Fixed accounting issue where multiple distributions for the same unallocated would show up in System Health. (SPR #4804)
- On legal invoices, the line breaks on footer text have been fixed. (SPR #4802)
- In the expenses dialog, the issue with the account dropdown was not showing the entries has been fixed. (SPR #4761)
- Fixed the expenses problem with changes being made to a client invoice, would affect the existing expense entry. (SPR #4721)
- Fixed the issue with the billing tab or matters/clients showing old values even after saving. (SPR #4639)
- Resolved the problem with users having the ability to edit check lines items even if a check was voided. (SPR #4762)
- Resolved issue on Save and New in payment dialog not correctly updating bill balance. SPR #4732)