Centerbase manages trust accounts on the matter level. This article will detail how to configure individual trust accounts.
Open Trust Account Settings on the Matter
- Navigate to the matter for which you'd like to configure the trust account.
- Click the gear located to the right of the Matter Actions and Workflow buttons.
- Choose Trust.
Configure the Trust Account
Centerbase will automatically generate a single trust account for any matter created.
- You should now be on the Trust Settings page
- Hover over the trust account and single click.
- A listing of Trust Account Settings will display in a popup window.
- Name: Name of the trust account
- Bank Account (Accounting Package Only): The IOLTA bank account the matter trust account is associated with.
- Liability Account (Accounting Package Only): The liability account the matter trust account is associated with.
- Show on Invoice: If set to True, information about the matter trust account will display on the bill, including replenishment requests and trust ledgers.
- Default Account: If set to True, this will be account trust funds auto apply from the trust will use unless specified differently in the Matter Billing Settings section. There are also certain reports that will use the default trust account. This option will be greyed out if you only have a single matter trust account.
- Use Default Settings: If True, the trust account will use the default trust account settings set up in System Settings.
- Replenishment Level: Where you want the client to replenish their trust account to once they cross below their Minimum Balance.
- Minimum Balance: The trigger for requesting trust replenishment. If a trust account falls below the minimum balance, trust replenishment will be requested to bring the account up to the Replenishment Level.
Add Additional Trust Accounts
From the Trust Account Settings page, you can add additional trust accounts for a matter.
- Click on the Add button in the top right corner of the Trust Account Settings page.
- Configure the trust account's settings.