Introducing the latest and greatest version of Centerbase! We're excited to showcase what our team has been working hard to refine and update in the last month. Some of the newest features and updates that we've implemented include:
New Features and Updates
1. Client/Matter Numbering
Adding more functionality to client and matter numbering.
Our new numbering functionality allows for:
- Numbering of contacts who are marked as clients only
- Client-based numbering on matters (such as 1023-003)
2. Bill Template Editor
Giving you more customization and flexibility with your billing templates.
Our newest bill template editor includes:
- Added an editor where new bill templates can be created and edited without having to contact Centerbase
- Added the ability to upload an invoice logo file
- Added a Config File Editor which allows columns to be customized in various areas that did not previously allow it (such as billing entries on a bill template, generate bills, Aged AR, etc.)
- Created a simplified way to customize what columns show up under Fees, Expenses, and Timekeeper Summary
- Updated bills to be able to pull from the Client/matter bill-to contact, company, and address information
3. Customization of Dashboard
With our newest update, we're giving you the power to customize your dashboard the way that works best for you. This means you no longer have to call Centerbase to get these changed!
Users can now:
- Either set the dashboard to the system default, or customize for each user
- Use Customization rights to set the Default Charts for new users on the homepage
4. New Trial Balance and General Ledger Reports for Accounting
Giving you more ways to meet your accounting needs.
- New trial balance and general ledger reports for accounting have been added, making it easier to manage your accounts
5. Settings/UI Updates
Improving your experience with continuous updates to Centerbase's User Interface.
Our newest updates include:
- Various advanced settings have been given more descriptive labels as well as tooltips with information on what they do
- Updated wording on billing entries, billing code, and timesheet
- More custom icons on the navigation bar
- Remove old LIST view from Calendar
- Updating the Generate Bills grid to allow an indicator on whether a matter is a split-billing matter
6. Processing Utilities
Under System Settings -> Utilities you can now access various post-processing utilities that once required Centerbase. However, these utilities are only available to users that have been given permission. If these are not available to you, let Centerbase know and we can update your permissions.
With access to post-processing utilities, users can now:
- Recalculate all formulas in the system
- Post all bills
- Unpost all bills
- Auto-allocate payments/credits to fees/expenses/interest/taxes
- Convert imported payments to matter/client unallocated (General Retainer)
- Create trust accounts on all matters and connect trust transactions
6. Other Tweaks/Improvements
We're constantly working to refine existing features to give you the best platform management experience possible.
A few modifications we've made include:
- There were a few issues occurring when users opened a Word Document from a Centerbase mapped network drive (WebDAV) while using the Word Add-in to save it back to Centerbase. We've fixed this by ensuring these two cannot be used at the same time.
- Checks now allow you to type a custom Payee without having to choose an existing Client or Vendor.
- E-Billing: Adding support for LEDES 98 BI (International) format
- Fixing an issue where when a bill could not be unposted, the reason why was hidden.
- Fixing issue where the payment dialog would not tell you why a payment could not be deleted.
- Fixing an issue with recurring events that happened if the form layout was changed from the base layout.
- Fixing issue where split-bills that had Hard Costs on them could not be deleted.
- Fixing issue where vendor bills were getting incorrectly totaled if the expenses were part of a split-bill.
- Fixed a problem where account sub-types were not loading when editing the properties of an existing account.
- Fixed issue on workflows that were trying to update the Active Status field. "Failed to convert parameter value from a String to a Boolean."
- ONLINE BANKING - Fixed an issue where transactions would not appear in the right order after performing an action (like matching or excluding.)
- ONLINE BANKING: Added the ability to re-connect an account if credentials have changed.
- Fixed rounding issue on Hard Costs when part of a split-bill.
- Fixing issue where trust payments to tax/interest were not showing in the account register.
- Fixed an issue in the Word Add-in if a template was made for an item type that has since been deleted.
- Fixing issues on vendor bills/checks/etc. with Hard Costs that are marked as non-billable.
- Updated split-billing to support decimal places for split %.
- Fixing an issue with how new client/matter rounding is displayed on timesheet while a timer is running.
- Fixing an issue with the matter/hours being filled in when adding billing from a completed activity.
- Fixing issue with setting a large number of deadlines through LawToolbox if the user(s) are connected to Office 365 Syncing.
- Fixing issue with LawToolbox deadlines sometimes not getting connected to the activity that represents the Trigger Date.
- REPORTS: Fixing issue with sub-total alignment on reports when printing.
- Large speed improvement for Chart of Accounts.
- Updated filters on pre-bills/posted bills pages to filter consolidated bills properly.
- Fixing issue with adding existing entries to a bill not updating the matter on the entries.
- Made it easier to open billing entries that are connected to a vendor bill or check when doing a search or opening from the related list.
- Fixing issue where hours sometimes couldn't be changed after stopping a timer.