Introducing the latest and greatest version of Centerbase! We're excited to showcase what our team has been working hard to refine and update in the last month and a half. Some of the newest features and updates that we've implemented in Version 188.8.131.52.7 include:
New Features and Updates
1. Workflow Improvements
Improving our workflow functionality and usability.
Our newest workflow updates includes:
- The ability to set a date/time field as current date +/- days/weeks/months/ect. (#1)
- A confirmation page when workflows are ended
- Ability to have date/time fields to be set as the date of another field +/- days/weeks/months/etc
- A more distinctive "End Workflow" action
- The ability to set start/end date on Task Nodes (#2)
- The ability to set a lookup back to the main workflow item for any item created or updated in the workflow.
2. LawToolBox Updates
Improving your LawToolBox experience with bug fixes, automated deadline prompts, and much more!
Our newest LawToolBox updates includes:
- Fixing the duplication of date, description, etc. on deadlines
- Now when trigger dates are changed on the calendar, you'll get notified about affected deadlines (#1)
- Deadlines are now automatically pushed to Outlook 365
- Authority links have been added to activity description as well as known report codes
- Filters have been added to deadlines
- User permission has been added
3. Accounting Changes
Introducing new expense options, improved system settings, and an added account number!
Our Accounting changes include:
- Charge expenses to a credit card or bank account
- Ability to disable the transactions tab on Contacts
- Use the new account number in filtering/sorting
4. Matter/Client Level Rounding
Integrating and applying your specific matter/client rounding to more functions in Centerbase.
Our newest updates includes:
- Ability to specify matter/client specific hour rounding options for when some clients require time to be billed to the nearest .25 and nearest .1 hours.
- An updated timer that utilizes the specific matter/client/system level settings when rounding
- Bill generation now has option to round all billing entries at billing time based on the new setting
- A new setting has been added to determine if rounding should only apply to split entries or all fees on a bill- the default setting applies rounding to split entries only.
5. Split Billing Updates
We were so excited to roll out the Beta version of Split Billing in our latest version update! Now, we're thrilled to share our latest improvements to this new functionality.
Here are some of the improvements and features we've added to split billing:
- The ability to add decimal places when specifying the split percent
- A list of split bills that were generated when producing a bill from a matter
- A validation prompt when trying to delete a split-billing entry
- Updated navigation when clicking on a child matter from the split billing view
6. Import Updates
Added functionality and flexibility to simplify your importing efforts.
Our importing functionality now includes:
- The ability to import to a user lookup (#1)
- The ability to create new Activity fields
- The use of y/n and yes/no when importing to true/false fields
- Dollar signs and commas automatically stripped when importing numbers (#2)
- Additional validation before an import to make sure invalid values are not imported to number, date, or true/false fields
6. Other Tweaks/Improvements
We're constantly working to refine existing features to give you the best platform management experience possible.
A few modifications we've made include:
- Making Bill-To Fields editable on matters and contacts
- Updated login page / logo to reflect our new branding
- Various updates to settings labels, grouping, and tool tips
- Adding setting to allow E-billing files to use the old naming style
- Improved Pareto report that includes updated fields
- An updated default, protected LEDES template
- Default color of checks has been changes to a light green
- Performance improvements when saving/loading
- Adding a final check when an invoice is posted to make sure it does not set itself as its previous invoice
- Issue fixed with a long-running query loading its results, even if another search had been run since then
- Fixed "INNER" error when running an "Is Empty" search
- Fixed issue where invoice numbers were wiped out if an invoice was saved before billing entries had finished loading
- Fixed time zone issue on calendar when hovering over an activity to get details
- Fixed issue with loading future/past rate table versions
- Fixed issue with the Timekeeper selector on Rate Groups
- Fixed issue with Timekeeper Analysis report where it wasn't filtering by Timekeeper
- Fixed incorrect un-allocated balance on Payment/Credit History Dialog
- Fixed problem where hidden entries were showing on a E-Billing file
- Solved issue where users with Matter Dashboard permissions (but not Manage Billing) could not see the dashboard
- Updated public Invoice View page to support older Internet Explorer versions
- Fix for formula fields with a query not calculating
- Fixed duplicates getting created with Outlook 365 Integration
- Added additional logging to the File System to diagnose any issues
- Fixed issue with billing entry rates showing with extra trailing zeroes
- Updating Mobile App logic to use the system setting to determine whether activities should automatically push to Outlook 365
- Fixed issue where non-billable AP expenses were being charged on a client bill
- Fixed issue were certain refunds were not showing on the Matter Ledger
- Fixed issue with saving settings with trailing spaces
- Fixed issue with pulling timekeepers rate when using Save+Duplicate
- Fixed issue where saving a recurring activity would sometimes show the wrong date on the details view
- Updated Matter Statement of Account to show the Current bill, even if's a pre-bill
- Fixed issue in e-billing where invoice number did not include leading zeroes
- Fixed issue with recurring activities not showing up in the right time slot in some cases
- Fixed an issue where a workflow timer for a workflow that had been removed would continue to fire.
- Fixed issues with file saves using Windows Explorer mapped drives