What are Custom Reports
Centerbase is constantly writing and providing new SQL procedures to allow users and consultants to create new and useful reports that cannot be created using basic report features. Typically these reports join data from multiple tables, or access information not available without back end SQL manipulation.
How to Create Custom Reports
The following is a general description of how to use these SQL procedures to create your own, unique custom reports. See the Custom Reports help section for details on on our support center for each of our SQL procedures and details for different report types.
Step 1: Create a Custom Report
- From the Report Manager in System Settings, select New Report
- Fill in the basic information on the Details tab, and select Custom as the Report Type
Step 2: Add your Custom Columns
- Go to the Columns tab in the new report definition you are creating, and start adding columns. The available columns are listed and detailed in the individual KB's for each Stored Procedure, which can be found in the Custom Reports section of this help center. Each custom SQL Procedures has its own set of custom columns you can choose from. Make sure to enter the information EXACTLY as specified in the help article on the SQL procedure.
- Setting filter defaults is a separate help article located here
Step 3: Save, Test, and Customize
- That's all this is too it! At this point, you can run and test your report, customize the report by grouping, setting any filters or supported advanced options available.
The same SQL Stored procedure can be used to create a variety to different reports based on the columns you set, the filters you make available, and the default filter conditions you set.