This KB covers how to disburse funds from a client trust or retainer if you are using Centerbase Accounting.
Optional: First, open the clients matter, to verify the amount of funds in the clients retainer accounts.
Next, simple choose the New, Check action from the navigation. (if check does not show up, it needs to be added using the Item Manager in the PC Admin tool to allow 'New')
Centerbase will open a blank check. Select the Client and Matter you want to disburse from. Enter the following information:
- Pay to: This must be either an existing client or vendor in the system
- Enter the amount, up to and including the full balance of the clients ledger
- Enter a memo (optional) to notate the disbursement. This will show upon the clients bill if trust transactions are enabled in billing statements.
- Enter address information, if it did not auto populate from the client or vendor
- Optionally choose to print the check now by unchecking the "print check later" checkbox. You may then print the check immediately.
- Click Save.
- Centerbase will automatically create a trust transaction (Disbursement) to reflect the check in the clients matter ledger.