The Admin Tool houses many of Centerbase’s administrative functions including user management, item management, data views, duplicate finder, etc. You can download the Windows PC Admin Tool here.
Managing the Settings
1. If the user should have elevated permissions but does not require administrator privileges, you may manage those from the Security Settings and Additional Permissions tabs.
2. The Security Settings tab allows you to set the default security for new items the user creates in general, or by item type by clicking Advanced.
- From here, you can set items as hidden, prevent their creation, and set security on a per-item basis.
3. From the Additional Permissions tab, you can grant users access to a myriad of other functions in Centerbase. The details of each available setting are below:
- Import Data: Import data into Centerbase
- Export Data: Export data from Centerbase
- Perform Mail Merge: Email out of Centerbase (should apply to Everyone)
- View User Activity: See what users have done over a date range
- Printing/Reporting: View/Print Reports
- Customize Centerbase: Edit item forms, create fields
- Manage Users: Add/Remove users, change passwords and permissions
- Database Statistics: See totals of items, Links, Fields, and bulk fields.
- Server Monitor: Monitor the login and last activity of users for the current day.
- View Full Change Log: See changes made on items by user and date/time.
Finally, you can create user groups to apply permissions to a larger set of users using the Groups tab at the top of the dialogue. Users will adhere to the group setting, but a NO setting will always override a YES or Not-Set setting.
See Making Items Read Only, Restricting Edit or other Permissions for more information.